Sunday, 20 November 2011

Jeri day 14

Been a bit quiet - purely because the wifi in my pousada has ceased to function. Or maybe it´s the netbook. So... I´m at the internet cafe at the centre with loads of blather on a memory stick I´m trying to post.. That´s not working either. Maybe posterity (and your good selves) can stand to be without a full day-by-day account of my sailing and social diary....I´ll give you the quickest update.
Social - I´ve now moved beyond the two weeks so - most of the people I met when I came out here have now gone home, or in fact, on to other Brazilian adventures. That´s Ali and Andy from the UK I mentioned earlier, and another Ali and John from Perth, Australia, who have taken a year off to travel around South America, very nice.
Marty from Germany and Taam from Baltimore have also left. So that leaves Sven and David, who I didn´t catch up with last night because I stayed here to watch the happy hour film (Limitless - OK). So... I´m probably either going to dine alone more, as I did last night. And get back to a really disciplined yoga/sailing schedule. Or I´m going to have to woman up and ingratiate myself on some more pals. Dining alone isn´t necessarily the route to discipline at this stage in the hols, either, as it isn´t when I´m at home. I am an expert at finding rubbish to potter at in the morning. It´s coming up to noon now and I haven´t either sailed or yoga´d.
Sailing - I think my computer problems may save you the whole long night of the tortured soul-bit. Suffice it to say that after a couple of crap days and wondering if I should really give it all up as a bad job, it´s come good and I´ve started to sail with some competence. Trying gybes, and everything. Still not getting any, though. Still, there are six days left.
A key issue, as Barry noticed earlier, thank you Barry, is whether I am sufficiently powered up. Without enough canvas, everyone feels like a crap sailor. So, I´m taking the same size as the guys now, and bugger it. Not having to worry about whether I´m going to get back to the beach is helping me focus on better early planing skills too. 
Good Brazilian stuff - I got some passable video of great capoeira on the beach the other night - will try to post when I get home.
Now, I´m just hoping this will actually publish, or I´m going to be quite hacked off...
J

No comments:

Post a Comment